Thursday, May 20, 2010

4 Years Ago

4 years ago today Luke and I got married under a giant oak tree. May 20, 2006 was the happiest day of my life. I know, I have 2 children and shouldn't the days they were born rank as the happiest? The days that Will and Dane were born were definitely the most unbelievable, divine and incredible days of my life. But the day I married Luke was by far, the happiest. I have never been happier than I was that day. It was a perfect day because I knew from the bottom of my heart that I was marrying the right person for me. Four years later, I feel the exact same way. We were so fortunate, so madly in love, and so happy to celebrate our marriage with the support and love of our families and friends who shared that day with us.

Sometimes I find myself reflecting on the crazy path my life has taken. I have to admit that my life definitely took an unexpected turn in January of 2005, when I met Luke - and I thank God that my life didn't turn out like I had expected. Often when I'm taking the boys on a walk I will close my eyes, take a deep breath and inhale the fresh air. I will look around at this beautiful land we live on and know that I'm exactly where I am supposed to be. In life, in love, in my marriage, and as a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment