Will sees me pump 5 times each day. Today he decided to relieve me of my pumping duties and take care of it himself. He even brought the resulting "product" over to Dane and offered him a meal!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
How thoughtful!
I found early on that Dane is a very lazy nurser. He will eat for 20-40 minutes and then promptly fall asleep. He sleeps blissfully for a short period of time and then wakes up starved and furious. This made for a round-the-clock nursing marathon that just wasn't working out. I really wanted to continue to breastfeed him and would love to make it to 6 months like I did with Will. Unfortunately I had to make the choice to pump and bottle feed him for now in order to save my sanity and any sort of time for Will. I do still nurse him during the night. This method is a little more tricky, and makes for lots of dishes. I have hope that as he gets older he might get better at staying awake and we can go back, but this is our routine for now.
Will sees me pump 5 times each day. Today he decided to relieve me of my pumping duties and take care of it himself. He even brought the resulting "product" over to Dane and offered him a meal!
Will sees me pump 5 times each day. Today he decided to relieve me of my pumping duties and take care of it himself. He even brought the resulting "product" over to Dane and offered him a meal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment