In normal life Will goes to his (wonderful) baby sitter's house twice a week while I work. He hasn't been since Dane was born, except when we went over for a quick visit. I decided it would be a good idea to send him a few times before I start back to work for a couple of different reasons. 1 - he loves to go there, 2 - it would be something "normal" and "about Will" for him to do in this time of upheaval in his little life, and 3 - it would give Dane and I some time together, just the two of us. This morning when I woke Will up he said sadly "I don't want to go to Chas' today." I immediately wondered if I had made the right choice - I didn't want him to feel like I was shipping him off. But by the time we got there he was so excited. He hardly waited for me to unbuckle him before he sprang out of his car seat and raced to the door. He ran inside and never looked back.
So today I'm looking forward to giving Dane some of my undivided attention and spending some quality time snuggling and (hopefully) napping!
No comments:
Post a Comment