Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 1 of the Remodel!

I couldn't believe it when I saw everything they got done on the first day. Brick was off the corners of the house and the entry way. Interior walls were down. We discovered a couple of unexpected problems - but better to take care of them now than in 5 years when they cause problems. First, the cement block in the basement needs to be waterproofed (no shocker there) but we're going to have to do it differently than we had anticipated due to a tar that was painted on when it was built. The second is the ceiling - we're going to have to reinforce it in the garage (living room to be) in order not to have to put a beam (post) in the middle of the room. Nothing too earth shattering, and we figured we were going to run into some issues like these.
2 days in now and things are going full speed ahead. Today they are digging the hole in the garage for the new stairs. I have started a notebook of things that I need to do and it's filling up quickly already with many tasks (arrange dumpster to be delivered, call phone company and have them raise phone line so trucks can drive under, meet with cabinet guy, etc. etc.) This morning I found myself pumping (which I can do hands-free thanks to my mom!!!) while feeding the baby with one hand and making calls and checking things off my list with my other hand. I'm sure this is just a preview of my summer to come. Lots to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment