Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's 2011!

I can hardly believe it. 2010 really flew by - but don't they all? I remember when a year was a lifetime and now a year is nothing. 2010 was a huge year for us. They say that two of the most stressful things in a marriage are having a baby and building a house. Well, we did both in one year. We knew it was going to be rough. In fact when we decided to try and get pregnant with Dane I told Luke we just had to get through the first 6-8 months of his little life and things would get easier. Kind of a "Go Team!" attitude. We didn't even know that we would also be doing the house. It flew by in a flash. From the summer on, with Luke working out of town I would make a couple of trips down to the house, lugging both boys along. Every day. Making decisions, multiple trips each week to Lowes. Our weekends consisted of more trips to the house, more trips to Lowes, never ending decisions to make... tile, light fixtures, paint colors, cabinets, flooring, trim, the list could go on forever. All with a new baby. (plus pumping 5 times a day/nursing and attempting potty training) THANK GOODNESS it is over! We are so thrilled with the house. It is more wonderful than either of us ever imagined. It was worth the hard work, the stress and the tears. We will be very happy here and I am so excited to make it better and better over the years. Taking care of it and making small improvements here and there, knowing that we're investing in our "forever" house.

My only regret this year is that all of this craziness happened during the first year of my baby Dane's life - a year and stage that is so sweet and goes by so fast to begin with. I wish I would have had more time to play with him, sit down and hold and snuggle him, stare at him, enjoy him... instead of lugging him around on my hip all the time.

I'm not the type to make official New Years Resolutions -like to lose 10 pounds or to run a marathon. But I am making one this year. My resolution is to slow down and take care. Slow down life. And take better care of myself and my life. Enjoy all of my boys more. Take time to do things together rather than to load up and run to Lowes. To take better care of myself. Get more sleep. Eat better. I can't wait to spend this year with Luke, Will and Dane. To celebrate Luke's and my 5 year anniversary. To celebrate Will's 4th birthday and Dane's first. It's going to be a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment