Here is the only picture I have of our first Christmas tree in our new house! It was right after we set it up and before any ornaments or the tree skirt was in place. :( I can't believe I didn't take any others. After 5 years of not having a real Christmas tree because our living room was so small I told Luke that we were going all out this year - getting a Clark Griswold tree. (15 feet tall, etc) In the end it was only about 6-7 feet tall, but it was a little "Christmas Vacation" nonetheless. We rushed out to the tree farm one evening just as it was getting dark. We ran around until we found the perfect one just in time. Luke hacked it down with a saw. When we got up to have it shaken and wrapped they said that there were actually 2 trunks on our tree and when they removed the smaller one it took away some of the tree. Did we want it still? Um, sure. It's fine - we'll put that side facing the wall, no big deal. When we got home Luke brought it inside and stood it up in the stand while it was still wrapped up. It looked like a WORM. It was so crooked! We snipped the strings and it was so funny. To get it to stand up straight we had to literally put the trunk in the stand at a 45 degree angle. One touch to the backside of the tree and it was tipping over. Not a great idea with 2 smaller ones at home. We secured it for the night. I called the next day and they were so nice and told us to bring it back and pick out another one. So back we went the next evening. I forgot to mention that I found out that Luke enjoys putting up a Christmas tree about as much as he would enjoy getting toenails plucked. And this year he got to do it twice! I will agree it can be a little challenging to get the tree perfectly straight and secure in the stand. Let's just say the night included him on the front porch with a chainsaw hacking away branches.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Oh Christmas Tree
Here is the only picture I have of our first Christmas tree in our new house! It was right after we set it up and before any ornaments or the tree skirt was in place. :( I can't believe I didn't take any others. After 5 years of not having a real Christmas tree because our living room was so small I told Luke that we were going all out this year - getting a Clark Griswold tree. (15 feet tall, etc) In the end it was only about 6-7 feet tall, but it was a little "Christmas Vacation" nonetheless. We rushed out to the tree farm one evening just as it was getting dark. We ran around until we found the perfect one just in time. Luke hacked it down with a saw. When we got up to have it shaken and wrapped they said that there were actually 2 trunks on our tree and when they removed the smaller one it took away some of the tree. Did we want it still? Um, sure. It's fine - we'll put that side facing the wall, no big deal. When we got home Luke brought it inside and stood it up in the stand while it was still wrapped up. It looked like a WORM. It was so crooked! We snipped the strings and it was so funny. To get it to stand up straight we had to literally put the trunk in the stand at a 45 degree angle. One touch to the backside of the tree and it was tipping over. Not a great idea with 2 smaller ones at home. We secured it for the night. I called the next day and they were so nice and told us to bring it back and pick out another one. So back we went the next evening. I forgot to mention that I found out that Luke enjoys putting up a Christmas tree about as much as he would enjoy getting toenails plucked. And this year he got to do it twice! I will agree it can be a little challenging to get the tree perfectly straight and secure in the stand. Let's just say the night included him on the front porch with a chainsaw hacking away branches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment