Monday, January 24, 2011

Red Like A Banana!

So Will has had some trouble learning his colors. I even asked the Dr. at his 3 yr appt whether it was possible he might be color blind? I know, I was probably being a little bit overly dramatic. We have really been working on them lately. In fact, last week we decided to choose a color of the week. Throughout the week we would talk about red, point out red things, play the How Many Red Things Can You Find game. One night near the end of the week I was very confident he has mastered Red. He has just found 5 red things. So next I pointed to something red and said
"What color is that?"
Will: "Green."
Seriously?

Tonight we were looking at the numbers on his placemat. Some were red, some blue, some green. We found all the red numbers. Then I pointed to a green number and asked him what color that was.
Will: "Blue"
Me: "Nope, it's green!
Will" "No! It's blue like the grass!"

We have also been working on Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, etc. It's hard to learn those because he will often ask "Is it tomorrow?" He asks some good questions. Tonight we were talking about the days, "Today is Monday, we did (XYZ) today." Tomorrow is Tuesday - we go to Nana's on Tuesdays" etc. Then he started saying things like "Today is Friday and Sunday is Saturday."

Hmmmm... I'm starting to wonder if he's just giving me a run for my money with some of these things. He's such a smart little boy, combined with his....colorful.... personality I just wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment